Friday, February 12, 2010

Review: Every Time We Say Goodbye

I'm not ashamed to admit I enjoy the occasional romantic movie provided it's well-acted and produced and not too predictable.

In light of Valentine's Day, I thought it appropriate to recommend some romantic films I have personally enjoyed. This is the first of three I'll be posting consecutively.

- Every Time We Say Goodbye (1986) **1/2 (out of 5 asterisks)
Director/Writer: Moshé Mizrahi
Starring: Tom Hanks, Cristina Marsillach

This is a little like Fiddler On The Roof, only without the singing. It's the ol' Jews-must-not-marry-Gentiles cliché of forbidden love. (Forbidden!) As a romantic drama it's fairly average and I can understand why some might rate it lower even than I did because it's fairly slow and predictable. However, Tom Hank's performance is solid as always, and Cristina Marsillach is just plain adorable and charming. Recommended for you incurable romantics out there. Good date movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment